No more impression. Virtual dental experience. Reduce the number of visits to the office, saving your time. Still, get the more efficient work.
Intraoral scanners (IOS) are devices for capturing direct optical impressions in dentistry. The scanner projects a light source onto the area to be scanned. The images are captured by imaging sensors and are processed by scanning software, which then produces a 3D surface model. There will be a chairside monitor to display the image as it is captured.
Advantage of IOS
- Reduce patient discomfort: No more impression. Eliminating plaster models and allowing
- Better communication with patients; patients feel more involved in their treatment and it is possible to establish more effective communication with them.
- No more plaster casts
- Simplified clinical procedures.
- Time-efficient: it is possible to e-mail the 3D virtual models (proprietary or. STL files) of the patient directly to the dental laboratory without the need to deliver anything via courier or regular mail.
Clinical applications of IOS?
- diagnosis and for fabricating restorations or custom devices in prostheses, surgery and orthodontics
- In prosthodontics, IOS can be successfully used to capture the 3D position of dental implants and to fabricate implant-supported restorations.
- useful tool in orthodontics for diagnosis and treatment planning, Custom-made devices The virtual patient
- Prosthodontics Single-tooth restorations Digital smile design
- Implantology Guided implant surgery
Itero intraoral scanner
iTero Element scans are engineered to work with the Invisalign® System,
Outstanding Feature of ITero intraoral scanner
- Outcome Simulator for orthodontic patient to visualize how their teeth may look at the end of Invisalign treatment.
- Progress Assessment tool. if Invisalign treatment is tracking to plan; showing the patients’ progress may increase compliance and patient satisfaction.
- TimeLapse compares records over time, visualizing tooth wear, movements and gingival changes
- it connects to restorative and orthodontic labs, third-party treatment planning,
- custom implant abutment,
- chairside milling and lab CAD/CAM systems. (one day crown)