Digital esthetic crown lengthening is a technique that uses advanced digital technology to plan and perform crown lengthening procedures with a high degree of accuracy and precision. This approach involves the use of specialized software to create a 3D model of the patient’s mouth and plan the exact amount of gum tissue that needs to be removed to achieve the desired aesthetic result.
The digital esthetic crown lengthening process typically involves several steps:
- Digital scanning: The patient’s mouth is scanned using specialized digital scanners to create a 3D model of the teeth and surrounding tissues.
- Digital planning: The dentist uses specialized software to plan the ideal gum contour and determine the amount of gum tissue that needs to be removed to achieve the desired aesthetic result.
- Surgical guide fabrication: Based on the digital plan, a surgical guide is fabricated to fit over the patient’s teeth during surgery. This guide helps the dentist to accurately remove the pre-planned amount of gum tissue.
Benefits of digital esthetic crown lengthening include:
- Enhanced accuracy and precision in gum tissue removal
- Reduced risk of complications
- More predictable aesthetic results
- Less invasive procedure and shorter recovery time
- Improved patient comfort during and after the procedure
Overall, digital esthetic crown lengthening is a valuable tool that can help dentists to plan and perform crown lengthening procedures with a high degree of accuracy and predictability, resulting in better patient outcomes and satisfaction.