There are many patients who need to have their all remaining teeth pulled from generalized decayed teeth or severe gum disease. However, they do not want to have removable denture because they have never worn it before or had bad experience wearing it, for example, sore spot, inefficient chewing ability, etc.
1-Day Full Mouth Dental Implants are a good option because you can have all your teeth pulled, dental implants placed, and have your full mouth fixed prosthesis in one day. There is no need to wear removable denture while it’s healing. Patients can live their normal live.
“All on 4” is a dental implant technique that involves the placement of a full set of dental implants to replace all of the teeth in the upper or lower jaw, using only four implants for support.
The “All on 4” technique uses strategically placed dental implants that are angled to maximize bone contact and provide greater stability, allowing for the placement of a full set of prosthetic teeth in just one visit. This technique is often used for patients who have lost most or all of their teeth and are looking for a permanent solution to restore their smile and improve their quality of life.
The benefits of the “All on 4” technique include a more natural look and feel than traditional dentures, as well as greater stability and durability. It can also improve the patient’s ability to eat and speak comfortably and confidently.
However, not all patients are good candidates for the “All on 4” technique, and the success of the procedure depends on a variety of factors, including the patient’s overall health, the condition of their jawbone, and their commitment to maintaining good oral hygiene. It is important to consult with a qualified dental implantologist to determine if the “All on 4” technique is right for you.
Treatment process for 1-Day Full Mouth Dental Implants.
- Oral examination and x-ray to determine how many implants are needed? (normally 4-8 implants, at least 4 in mandible and 6 in maxilla), Is bone grafting needed?, and if full mouth implant prosthesis can be done at the same time (more than 90% of cases are possible from our experience.). Then, our dental implantologist will make impression or intra-oral scan for processing interim fixed prosthesis in advance. In some cases, permanent fixed prosthesis can also be done at the same time. Our dental implantologist will determine case by case if it is possible.
- After interim prosthesis is processed. Our dental implantologist will extract all remaining teeth (if any) and place dental implants with bone grafting (if needed) and attach full mouth interim fixed prosthesis at the same time.
- Follow-up appointment for stitches removal at 2 weeks after surgery.
- After 2-4 months healing time depending on each patient’s bone quality, our dental implantologist will start making full mouth permanent fixed prosthesis which will take 2-4 weeks depending on type of permanent prosthesis.
Keys post-operative instructions after surgery
- First 2-4 weeks, patients have to be on soft diet.
- First 2 weeks, patients will use antiseptic mouth rinse instead of brushing to avoid damaging the wound area.
In just one single trip to our Bangkok dental hospital, you can go back home with a beautiful custom smile designed just for you. Contact us now with questions on 1-day full mouth dental implants, make an appointment online, or visit our highly experienced dental implantologists at Global Dental Complex for All on 4 in Thailand.