A regular dental checkup is critical to maintain your teeth and gum healthy. Normally, you should have a regular dental visit at least every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist.
What to expect at your regular dental visit at global dental complex?
- Oral examination
At your first step, our staff will scan your teeth. Then, your dentist will double check for cavities, plaque and tartar on your teeth, gum health, tooth mobility and other problem that can detect.
- Taking x-ray
All new patients will be taken panoramic x-ray or If it’s been a while since you’ve seen the dentist, you can expect the same care as a routine visit, as well as some extras. New patient appointments and visits after more than a couple of years have passed usually require X-rays. The dentist wants a complete look at what’s going on inside your teeth, gums, and supporting bone structures. Even though, your dentist closely examines your teeth very carefully. Some time, there are some problems that have not seen in your oral cavities. This x-ray will help determine if there is any irregularity beneath the tooth surfaces, or some issue developing in the gums. Also, It is very helpful for treatment planning especially in complex cases.
- Bitewing x-rays are necessary. Many patients do not have shown cavities in their oral cavities but small cavities between interdental already exist. Your dentist can early detect this problem by taking bitewing x-rays.
- Periapical x-rays: These x-rays help dentist to diagnose your tooth that need to have root canal treatment or not.
- Treatment planning and discussion
If you already have regular check-up, there is nothing to worry. Your dentist will show the x-ray and your scanned teeth on the screen of intraoral scanner. Then, cleaning is the next step. However, if you do not have regular check-up, your dentist will explain the problems you have, treatment option and step of treatments. You will be referred to see specialist in each field for future appointment. You can trust that you will get the best treatment from our specialists.
Basically, regular checkup need cleaning your teeth. The cleaning and polishing remove residue that might disguise something like a tiny amount of decay on a tooth, or maybe even a small chip that you do not realize took place.
Benefit of Teeth cleaning
During the cleaning, your dentist will use special tools to remove tartar. This is called scaling. Your dentist will remove any plaque and tartar buildup and polish your teeth with gritty paste. This helps to remove any surface stains on your teeth. The final step is flossing. Your dentist will floss to make sure the areas between your teeth are clean.
What you should do between each dental visit
- Brush your teeth two times a day. Be sure to use a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Floss daily.
Quick facts about a regular dental checkup.
- Regular dental visits are important because they help to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- During the dental checkup, your dental professional will check your overall oral health for any trouble areas.
- You should have a regular dental visit at least twice a year or as recommended by your dental professional.
- The purpose of regular check-up is to detect the small problem before it is getting worse and ensure that your teeth are healthy for more years.
- Protocol for oral examination might be different based on patient t’s age.
To make an appointment for Bangkok teeth cleaning, for a dental check-up, or if you have any questions, contact Global Dental Complex today.