Do & Don't
1. Placing your aligner
To place your aligner, use your fingers to place aligner over your anterior teeth. Then, place your aligner on your posterior teeth. Aligner has to grasp all your teeth without the space between the tip of your teeth and the top of aligner. (except in some case, the gap appears with intention. Your doctor will let you know)
2. Feeling after placing aligner
You will feel tight on your teeth after your first aligner is inserted into your mouth. Later on, feeling of tightness will decrease in 2-3 hours
3. Wearing time per day
Aligner has to be worn for 20-22 hours a day except eating and brushing.
4. Wearing time per set
It depends on your doctor decision how long you have to wear each set of aligners. Normally, wearing one set of aligners for 2 weeks. However, duration might vary from 7 days to 14 days. Your doctor will tell you.
5. Removing aligner
Use your finger to grasp the aligner at the back teeth for one side and pull aligner from that side. Then, pull the aligner at the back teeth from another side.
6. Keep your aligner
All patients have the aligner box. Every time, you take off your aligner. place it in the box
7. Cleaning your aligner
The way to clean is the same as when you are brushing your teeth.
8. Wearing the aligner orderly (number of aligners is on the package of each set)
9. All old aligners must be kept after wearing and bring them with you every time you have appointment with doctor)
This help to fit your aligner on your teeth better. Try to use them every time you put your aligner on your teeth.
11. Brush your teeth routinely : 2 times daily
1. When you wear aligner, use chewie to fit your aligner. Don’t bite your aligner with your teeth to seat aligner.
2. Place your aligner in box. Don’t place it in tissue.
3. No need to wash your aligner with warm or hot water. Hot or water causes aligner’s
4. Avoid drinking colored beverages such as red wine, orange juice or smoking while you are wearing aligner. This causes your aligner getting yellowish.
5. Don’t use your teeth to “bite” your aligners into place.
Just in Case
1. If you lose the attachment, please call your dental clinic to make appointment as soon as possible. Losing attachment can delay the treatment time. There is possibility to re-scan your teeth again if the teeth can’t track the aligner.
2. If you lose your aligner, please call your dental clinic to make appointment as soon as possible and let us know the problem. In the same time, you need to wear the next set of aligners (if you have it) or previous set of aligners until you see the doctor. Not wearing aligner can cause you teeth shift form the right position in the treatment plan. This can delay your treatment time and There is possibility to re-scan your teeth again if the teeth can’t track the aligner. To replace the lose aligner, the fee will be applied.